1. Your Name, nickname, (race number if applicable)and country
Giorgio / UAE
2. How did your involvement in this sport begin?
Through a friend
3. Where is your local buggy location,and where is your favourite location and why?
I buggy in the UAE desert which is my favourite location
4. How many buggies have you had and what types?
Three in total,
- PL Comp XR,
- The Shamal
- The Mistral , both full carbon desert buggies
5. What are your favourite moments in this sport and why?
Riding on the crest of a dune
6. What are your greatest achievements in this sport, tell us the stories behind them?
Surviving the desert….
7. What is your favourite and least favourite manoeuvre and why?
Favourite has to be jibing at full speed after big powerslide. Least favourite has to be going upwind in the dunes
8. If you could give any advice to an average buggier to take them to the top level, what would the advice be, and why?
Clear your mind, feel the wind and go out there and make it happened
9. Tell us about the scariest situation you have ever been in when buggying?
Being on top of a dune and knowing you will be launching off seconds before it happens
10. Over the years, you have used many different types of kites, which kites do you rate as your favourite, and why? Favourite brands, and why? Favourite sizes, and why?
Build quality Ozone / PKD and old Flexyfoil are all even. New Flexi are built cheap but the Blurs are terrific kites. For outright speed, PKD Century. Favorite sizes are 3.5, 5 and 7 Blurs. Special mention to the 2 m Samurai 2 for nuclear winds.
11. What is left in the sport that youwant to achieve?
A long expedition
12. Who do you believe are the top three pilots in your chosen sport?
Sand Yeti and Angelo aka Desert Fox
13. Anything else you would like to add.