Kite Buggy Questions and Answers
popeyethewelder.com is a non profit making website, it is not there to create any financial gain, only to provide a free kite buggy resource for everyone who is interested. As we allow no comments on popeyethewelder.com, and we want this website to become the best kite buggy resource out there…..we have created
call it “giving back” to the sport we love
Axles, Bearings, Tyres and Wheels
- Axle length?
- Bearings….how do you keep yours rolling?
- Bigfoots, Midis v Barrows?
- Bigfoot Tyres, Which Ones?
- Buggies with four wheels, why?
- Can Cadkat hubs/wheels be balanced?
- Discs wheels, setting camber and toe?
- How do you run your tyres?
- Advanced buggy maneuvers, where can I find out how to do them?
- Heading out in the buggy, how do you launch and land the kite safely?
- Holding a Line…?
- Light Wind Buggying?
- Night Buggying, whats best to use?
- Race Buggy – Which one?
- Racing, does it appeal to you?
- Racing rules and regulations?
- What is the process, if someone wants to get into racing in the UK?
Buggy Tuning, Building and Developement
- Balancing a buggy?
- Design your own or manufactured Buggy?
- Forks, rake and trail…?
- Future Kite Buggies
- More Speed Buggies?
Handles, Lines and Bars
- Handles v Bars, what are the pros and cons?
- Handles, what make one type better than the other?
- Line Length?
- Lines Spectra or Dyneema ?
Helmets and Harnesses & Seats
- Cleaning Kites…how do you do yours?
- Kites, which one will break the buggy speed record?
- ONE kite, which one and why?
- Twin skins, LEI’s, Bow kites, Depower, C Kites etc which one?
- Do you think kite buggy racing will ever become an Olympic sport in the future?
- How did your involvement in this sport begin?
- Land kiting is on the decrease FACT?
- Quick questions?
- Quick Realease, swivel combo?
- Strop Length ?
- To hot wire or not to hot wire…..that is the question?
- Track days…..for kite buggies, actually going around a race track, could this ever be sanctioned?
- What has been your greatest achievement in Kite Buggy?
- What keeps you kite buggying?
- What new gear have you added to your growing kit bag this year?
- What was your first buggy and first kite?
- Where is your dream place to kite buggy?
- Which phone app is good for buggy speed and tracking?
- Who is the oldest kite buggier?
- Wind, is there ever too much?
- Video footage, what choices are there?
popeyethewelder.com is a non profit making website, it is not there to create any financial gain, only to provide a free kite buggy resource for everyone who is interested. As we allow no comments on popeyethewelder.com, we would like this website to become the best kite buggy resource out there…..we have created a popeyethewelder.com/facebook questions, to get new fresh ideas, what is working on the site and whats not…anything really, this is the place to have your say and also a place to maybe create a new direction. This is also the place to add any news you would like the buggy world to know about, you may have created a new freestyle move, and a new turn etc, lets share it with like minded people. If you have been invited to this closed group it is because we value your respected input and comments, and we hope you will help us in making the best kite buggying resource in the world. You will of course be credited with any of your input that is used.
REMEMBER, your posts in this facebook group, could well be used within popeyethewelder.com/Question and Answers…..if this bothers you DO NOT POST.
PLEASE NOTE I will on some occasions remove some comments that are not relevant or I believe are not contributing towards the particular question, please do not be offended, I am merely trying to keep the question “on topic”….I am not having a go at you nor censoring the posts….JUST KEEPING IT ON TOPIC
If a particular poster keeps adding pointless/worthless comments, or taking the subject off topic they will be removed from the group.
Lastly, I would like to see as many different buggiers as possible get involved from around the world within the questions and answers, is you feel, the questions are not relevant to your style of buggying or country, then please ask questions yourself.
A massive thank you to all the buggiers who have contributed to this group.